Yonge Corporate Centre has been designed to be as fire proof a complex as possible with sprinklers and 24 hour monitoring throughout the office floors, concourse and parking garage. Still, the possibility of a fire occurring does exist. We therefore have in place Emergency Fire and Evacuation Procedures. Tenants, with the assistance of volunteer tenant Fire/Evacuation Wardens, are required to be familiar with all evacuation procedures if an emergency does arise.
If you discover a fire anywhere in the complex, follow these steps:
- Locate and activate the nearest fire pull station.
- Immediately notify the floor Evacuation/Fire Wardens of the fire's location.
- Floow the instructions of the floor Warden(s) and proceed to the nearest stairwell.
- Evacuate the building.
- Remain outside the building until clearance is given by Building Management or the Fire Service.
If a fire alarm does sound, the evacuation system will automatically place the complex in fire mode. The following sequence of events will occur.
- An alarm will sound.
- All mechanical air handling systems will shut down.
- All mag locks will release.
- All elevators will return to ground level; do not attempt to use elevators.
- Announcements will be made to inform/direct tenants.
It is important for all tenants to be aware of procedures and responsibilities in place in the event of an emergency.
Click here for more information
Yonge Corporate Centre is equipped with an emergency stairwell in each of the three buildings leading to the back of the complex. For more information please refer to the Evacuation Warden Manual.